Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Feeling inspired.....

My last year of university is fast approaching and while I am extremely nervous as this is a very important year for me, I'm also excited. This is a chance to get organized, stay on top of my school work and kick some academic butt!

I also have a huge announcement to make: I finally signed up for some Yoga classes!!! I've been wanting to try Yoga for the past 2 years but I've never gotten around to doing it; it's never 'fit into my schedule'. But, I finally found a class that's compatible with my hectic school schedule and I'm very excited to start! I'm taking an introductory Kundalini Yoga class and then I'll be taking 6 weeks of beginner Ashtanga Yoga. I'll report back once my classes start, which is in September.

As I mentioned before, I've picked up some books for my summer reading and I am loving two of them:


The first book that I am in love with is The Style Strategy by Nina Garcia. I am a student.... which means a very limited budget but I have been cursed with very expensive taste! I can literally walk into ANY store and you bet that the first item I look at is probably the most expensive thing in the store! I have been not-so-smart with some of my purchases and I needed a change, not only for my wallet but for myself! I realize that fashion is purely a luxury and that I don't have to have everything I see and follow all the latest trends. 

There is nothing wrong with following trends for some people, but for me, I don't care what the trend is, if it doesn't look good on my body..... I'm not buying it! By reading this book, I've realized that I already own most of the fashion basics and all I have to do is make some small purchases to compliment what I already own. My goal for this fall will be to make a few key purchases on things that I NEED and not what I want (because I want way too many things). I'm not saying I won't splurge on certain items, but these will be small items, maybe a nail polish of a nice lipstick here and there. All I am really in need of this fall is lots of sweaters (cashmere will be needed as it is the only thing that keeps me warm enough through these cold Canadian winters) and maybe a pair of boots. I already  have my eye of a couple of boots that are to die for and aren't overtly pricy but.... since I don't need them just yet, I will save up for them!



Now onto my second book: Eat, Pray, Love. I fell in love with this book within reading the first 20 pages. It's such an honest book and while reading the book I often found myself relating to the author, especially during her darkest moments. I haven't finished reading the book yet, but I admire the way this woman found the strength to find herself BY herself. The reasons why the I love this book will remain for another post but for now, I have to get back to reading so I can go see the movie!

P.S. Rule of Thumb: Always the read the book first before seeing the movie!!

Love,
Ada

 

No comments:

Post a Comment