Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why doesn't anyone get dressed up anymore?

Bonjour,

I went out the over night for some drinks for my boyfriend's birthday and I got all dolled and put on a nice dress and it got me wondering... Why doesn't anyone dress up anymore? What's wrong with looking nice and pulled together?



I'm wearing:
Autumn Cashmere Dress
Calvin Klein Tights
Michael Kors watch

I've been faced with this problem before and find that sometimes I feel overdressed. It's not a good feeling with you have a bunch of people giving you dirty looks or starring when you hear heels. Every day I see people walking around in sweatpants and even PYJAMAS and think to myself.. Do these people not care enough about themselves to look presentable?

This is not about caring what other people think about you but you need to realize that people will automatically judge you on your appearance. Whether you like this or not, it's reality unfortunately so why would you not want to put your best foot forward?

Even in a simple place such as university, your professors and fellow peers will take you more seriously when you are dressed for the part. Having a good relationship with your professors can pay off big time when it comes to reference letters and job opportunities, trust me! AND it's just as easy to put on a pair of jeans as it is to put on pyjamas!

So, from now on when I go out and see people dressed very sloppy I will no longer think I am overdressed, it is them that are under-dressed!

During my winter break I also plan on making  post about all of my going-out outfits. I will get all dolled up in my best attire just to hit the point home even more! It's not about appearances at all, it's about feeling good. And when you feel good you look good. There are days when I don't want to get up out of bed but it is these days that I force myself to put in a little bit of extra effort into myself to lift my spirits!

Be back soon with another post,

Love Ada


No comments:

Post a Comment