Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

V Day


I hope you all enjoyed you Valentine's Day, even if you don't have a significant other. If you don't have a significant other, this day is the perfect to love yourself and indulge. Be it a shopping trip, getting your nails done or a full out spa day and you don't have to buy a present for someone else. It's okay to be a little selfish sometimes, because if you don't love yourself.... who will?



However, if you do have a significant other... I would first like to mention that you don't have to do something overly sappy and spend a lot of money... going for a simple walk in the park and spending time with your loved ones is a perfect alternative to me. The only thing that I dislike about this day is that it's become so superficial but that's the way society works sometimes. Don't set great expectations because you might end up being disappointed which is the opposite of how you want to feel on Valentine's Day.



I, of course, am a hopeless romantic and love all the cheesy stuff. Brian and I will be celebrating Valentine's Day and our 3 year anniversary a little later since we are super busy with school and of course, it had to fall on a Monday this year. I did get some nice flowers though.

I did celebrate with one of my friends and made her a little dinner because her significant other is unfortunately out of the country. It was a quiet evening filled with Prosceco (my new favourite drink) and heart shaped pasta.











I hope all of you enjoyed this day but remember, you don't need a special day to tell someone you love them. It is the spontaneous and daily acts that really make the difference.

Wishing you a lovely day,

Ada

No comments:

Post a Comment